- Radnoti Langendorff Systems #120102EZ, #120103EZ, #120105EZ and #120106EZ are suitable for Rat, Guinea Pig and small Rabbit (Small Heart Chamber) and Mid to Large Rabbit (Medium Heart Chamber)
- Preparations may be spontaneously beating or paced using Radnoti #140157 Pacing Electrode
- Superb temperature control due to our water-jacketed heart chamber, components and water-jacketed key perfusate line tubing. Start-up to 37°C in 15 mins with less than 0.01° C error.
- Quick and easy disassembly due to our quick-disconnect tubing.
- Easy system maintenance and long-term durability due to GLP-compliant open architecture and no moving/active parts on compliance loops.
- Easy cleaning: our crystal clear borosilicate glassware is fully autoclavable and unlike plastic systems, are not affected by agents and proteins.
- Easy replacement: Individual components allow for easy replacement in the event of breakage and can be replaced without factory return.
- Customized configurations available. As with all Radnoti systems, the modular design allows for extreme flexibility and system reconfigurations.
- Available with or without thermal circulating bath and peristaltic pump.
- Available with or without data acquisition packages
The system can be instrumented to measure:
- Perfusate Flow
- Ejection Flow
- Perfusate Pressure
- Cardiac Output
- Optical Imaging
- Apical Force
- Cardiac Pacing
Radnoti Langendorff Systems Overview
The systems use a water-jacketed 2-liter reservoir to maintain and gas the perfusion solution or buffer. A peristaltic pump draws from the reservoir and drives the solution up to a water-jacketed bubble trap via a water jacketed flex tube assembly, where bubbles are relieved from the flow, and then down to the aortic cannula into the heart chamber via a second water jacketed flex tube assembly. By using multiple reservoirs or a syringe pump, different solutions or drug concentrations can be delivered to the heart and washed out. This type of system is often used for dose response studies in pharmacology. There are a number of system options to suit the researchers needs.
Constant Pressure Langendorff: As the system is configured for constant pressure, changes in resistance from the heart will result in flow rate variations that can be monitored via an accessory Flow-meter IUF-1000.
Constant Flow Langendorff: Since flow is held constant, changes in coronary resistance are detected as changes in pressure. Since flow is constant, it is easy to titrate drugs into the heart using a syringe pump. However, the heart will not be able to auto regulate coronary flow, so production of ischemia or increases in work may result in a more severe insult than with a constant pressure system. As the heart system is configured for constant flow, changes in resistance from the heart will result in pressure variations that can be monitored via an accessory micro pressure transducer (Radnoti Part number 159905).
Recirculating/Non-recirculating: Both the constant pressure langendorff and the constant flow langendorff are available in a re-circulating configuration. In the re-circulating configuration, effluent from the heart is collected and redirected to the Radnoti 120144 sheet flow oxygenating chamber for re-gassing and returned back into the circulation loop via the peristaltic pump.
|Langendorff||Rat/Guinea Pig/Small Rabbit||Mid/Large Rabbit||No Pump|
|Constant Pressure Recirculating||120102EZ||120102EZ (specify medium heart chamber)||120102EZ-NP|
|Constant Pressure Nonrecirculating||120105EZ||120105EZ (specify medium heart chamber)||120105EZ-NP|
|Constant Flow Recirculating||120106EZ||120106EZ (specify medium heart chamber)||120106EZ-NP|
|Constant Flow Nonrecirculating||120103EZ||120103EZ (specify medium heart chamber)||120103EZ-NP|
|Animal||Heartrate bpm||BP mm Hg||Na mM||K mM||Ca mM||Mg mM||LVV ml||CF ml/min/gm heart|
|Cat||110 – 140||125/70||163||4.4||1.3||0.7||0.7 – 2.4||2 – 3|
|Rat||330 – 360||129/91||140||5.7||2.6||1.1||0.1 – 0.2||8 – 10|
|Guinea Pig||280 – 300||120/70||145||7.4||2.6||1.2||0.1 – 0.2||5 – 8|
|Mouse||600 – 655||135/106||2.1||0.7|